Guide: When the packaging products are formed and surface-treated, it is necessary to print the images, so that the company’s product information and brand information can be conveyed through graphic printing. There are many kinds of common graphic printing. Here we mainly introduce several common techniques in the cosmetics packaging industry, such as silk screen printing, pad printing, thermal transfer, hot stamping, water transfer printing and other processes. In this article, we briefly describe the treatment process of water transfer printing, which is only for the purchase of new people to understand the basics:
The water transfer process is a way of printing the color patterns on the transfer paper on the surface of the three-dimensional product by using water pressure. As people’s requirements for product packaging and surface decoration have increased, the use of water transfer has become more widespread. There are two types of water transfer printing technology, one is watermark transfer technology, and the other is water drape transfer technology. The former mainly performs transfer of text and photo patterns, while the latter tends to perform complete transfer on the entire surface of the product.
- Process characteristics
Process cost: mold cost (none), single piece cost (low-medium)
Typical products: vehicles, consumer electronics and military products, etc.
Yield is suitable: small batch to large batch
Quality: The surface texture of the product is precise and clear, but there will be a slight stretch
Speed: fast, 10-20 cycles / hour
2, the process description
1) Special patterns can be transferred on the surface of the product to make the properties of the material visually upgrade (such as water transfer carbon fiber pattern on the surface of the injection molded part)
2) Products with deep holes, sharp corners and singularities are not suitable for water transfer
3) Since water transfer uses natural water pressure to print the surface of the product, it is difficult to control the position of the unit pattern, so it is not suitable for the surface texture of the product where the position of the pattern is required. For example, the number on the button of the mobile phone cannot be transferred by water.
4) Plane, small curved surface and bent parts are most suitable for water transfer printing process
5) No mold cost, but need to use the fixture to transfer water to multiple products at the same time, thus reducing the time cost
6) The time cost is short, generally no more than 10 minutes per cycle
Cosmetic Packaging Application